Monday 10 June 2013

Day 186: June 9/10

From the newsdesk...
Sweet sixteenth 

9 more minutes until the 10th of June, 2013. 

I got a Kindle. Seriously I have the best friends in the entire world. Also, I got.a Rolling Stones clock, Skins, season 3, Typo stationary: notepads, mug and drink bottle, a miniature chick container and small chocolate balls and a bouquet of chuppa-chups. Also a Kindle cover.


It's true. The moment before you turn one age, you finally feel the age from before. 364.5 days late, but you're finally there. 

When you turn an age, adults are like "well, now you have to act like that". Well no. Just because another year has gone by since I was covered in blood and had tubes running out of me, doesn't mean I have to act that age. It doesn't require me to act maturely and read the newspaper every morning and be serious all the time. Some situations may require maturity, but some are just there to be enjoyed and to have fun!! 

11.58pm. 

I'll still probably write 15 years old on any forms and when people ask: "oh, I'm 15". 

It's more mentally knowing that you're a year older than being it physically (is that a thing?) 

It is 12.00am, on the 10th of June, 2013. 

I am officially 16. 

No comments:

Post a Comment