Friday 31 May 2013

Day 182: May 31

From the newsdesk...
Storms 

I've found that a lot of people have either a huge hate for storms or a huge love for them. 

I am in between. 

I like the rain bit, because it's soothing and especially when it comes off a tin roof. 

Rain off a hot tin roof.

I also like the lightning - when I'm NOT in water and also when I'm inside - because it's really pretty and it lights up the whole area. It's pretty cool. 

I'm not a huge fan of thunder. Like, I'm not scared of it, it's just that I don't think it's particularly necessary. 

Apparently, neither does my dog. She absolutely hates the thunder and we have to drug her to calm her down. She barks and cries and runs around panting and just generally being pathetic because she doesn't know what to do with herself. 

About 15 minutes ago, we have a massive thunderclap. It sounded like metal on metal or maybe that something was crashing down on the earth. Maybe the car port had fallen? It felt as if the house was shaking, if though it wasn't. 

How cool would storm chasing be as a job? Dangerous and weird, but pretty awesome. 

After lightning comes the thunder. 

ps. I like the name Storm 

No comments:

Post a Comment