Tuesday 11 December 2012

Day 53: December 11

I have established which movie has the best soundtrack..... PITCH PERFECT. At this moment in time, I am obsessed with a-capella. And Rebel Wilson, because that girl is absolutely hilarious. Can she be my best friend? Tomorrow, I'm going on Duke of Ed for three days, so this means NO BLOG POSTS FOR TWO DAYS (I'll manage to do Friday's one when I get back). This will be the first time in 53 days I haven't written on here. I think I'll do one today and post it and then do Thursday's post on Friday.
So in keeping with the theme:

Fifty-three things on my packing list for duke:
1. Cereal
2. Noodles
3. Porridge
4. Baked Beans
5. Spoon
6. Spork
7. Light plastic bowl
8. Maybe: cup
9. Scrogin (trail mix)
10. Wraps
11. Cheese
12. Nutella
13. Peanut Butter
14. Lollies (packet)
15. Chocolate
16. Billtong (snack)
17. Leftovers (first night)
18. Noodles/pasta
19. Cup-a-Soup
20. Dehydrated food
21. Rice plus tuna/salmon
22. Drinks - sachet of Gatorade/Powerade
23. Map
24. Snacks
25. Camera
26. Rainjacket
27. Pocket Knife
28. Toilet Paper
29. Head Torch
30. Whistle
31. Sunscreen
32. Hat
33. Water
34. Sleeping bag
35. Roll Mat
36. More water
37. Spare Socks
38. Thermals
39. A garbage Bag
40. A fleece/Warm top
41. Electrical Tape
42. First Aid items as required
43. Matches (in plastic bag)
44. Mobile Phone (in plastic bag)
45. Stove
46. Fuel Bottle
47. Tent
48. Swimwear
49. Small Towel
50. Toiletries
51. Gloves
52. Beanie
53. Neck Warmer (I don't understand why they can't write scarf, but anyways)

STORY TIME: As I was packing my bag for Duke, a massive cockroach came out of it. I screamed. I am seriously scared of them - bugs and spiders I'm alright with - but cockroaches, NO. I called my dad - first line of defence? - and then he told me to "calm down and kill it with a shoe". So I hit it with my basketball shoe and it half-died. Like, it's leg was still moving, but I think it was dead. It then took me like ten minutes to get it onto a piece of cardboard, because I refused to pick it up with newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment