Saturday 29 December 2012

Day 71: December 29

My favourite place has got to be my room, or where my friends are. My room is my haven; it has everything I need (except for a constant food supply). I have books, my camera, my Ipod, my phone, paper, pens, the radio, my bed. My bedroom is my sanctuary. Whenever I have a shouting match with my family (most of the time, my mom), I'll go to my room. I don't really like sleeping, but I love lying in my bed in the morning, reading. If the book is good enough, I can read for hours and hours on end. My friends are my chosen family. I love them to bits. They make me laugh, they cheer me up when I'm sad, and they listen when I'm pissed and I just want to rant (which is quite often). They're there for me when I need them, and they're often there when I don't need them. We have our fights, but we apologise and make up. Our 'group' is made up of vastly different people: 
= Tall, smart, African-American, Justin Bieber, The Janoskians, loud 
+ Small, very loud, Jewish, Straightens her hair, Brilliant at English
* Chinese, Smart, Small, very sporty, loud as hell, Anglican 
& Average Height, Jewish, Janoskians, Justin Bieber, Smart, Spanish, loud
^ Chinese, Smart, Tall, Funny, loud
# South-African, Jewish, gymnastics, loud, smart 
That just about sums about our group. I have other friends, who are just as amazing and funny and awesome that aren't in my 'group'. I think friends are the most important, because unlike family, they choose to be there, unlike family who has to be there. (and I'm not saying I don't love my family, because I'm not. I absolutely love them to death).    

Seventy-one things are are essential to have in a 'favourite place': 
1. Something you can lie on (and the floor doesn't count) 
2. Some colour 
3. Books 
4. Magazines 
5. Music 
6. Radio 
7. Hidden food (or lollies or something) 
8. A Camera (or a camera phone) 
9. Pens 
10. Textas/Kokis 
11. Paper 
12. Glue 
13. A phone 
14. A pillow (or something you can cry into and then punch if you're angry) 
15. A mirror 
16. Nail Polish 
17. Permanent Markers 
18. Pencils (coloured and non) 
19. A Clock (actually, more than one. Remember, a watch warrants as a clock) 
20. Slippers 
21. A Dressing Gown 
22. A Rubber 
23. Floor Room 
24. A Chair 
25. A Desk 
26. A Laptop/Computer/Ipod/Something that connects you via social media
27. Headphones 
28. A Calendar 
29. Scissors 
30. An extra blanket (or something to keep you warm) 
31. A fan (or air-conditioning) 
32. A Tape Player 
33. A CD player 
34. Photos 
35. Pawpaw Ointment (or cream?) 
36. Chocolate 
37. Stickers (why? STICKERS ARE ALWAYS GOOD!) 
38. Homemade Pottery 
39. Poster/s of a hot celebrity/ies 
40. CD's 
41. Bandaids/plasters 
42. Money 
43. Earrings for every occasion 
44. Bubbles (because of reasons) 
45. Tissues 
46. A Bookshelf 
47. A Letter-Writing Kit 
48. A Journal 
49. Cue Cards (for writing orals and such) 
50. Something that reminds you of (the greatness of) your friends 
51. Snowglobes 
52. A disposable Camera 
53. A change container 
54. Spare hair clips 
55. Spare Bobby Pins 
56. A Dictionary 
57. Gum 
58. Sunnies 
59. Window Art 
60. Fake (rubber) Spiders (just because) 
61. Access to looking up song lyrics 
62. Access to YouTube videos 
63. Funny pictures of animals 
64. Wacky Photo Frames 
65. Old School Books (for entertainment purposes) 
66. Water Balloons 
67. Photo Albums 
68. Recipe Books 
69. A pair of shorts 
70. T-shirts 
71. A reel of ribbon (is that what it's called)

Today we went raspberry picking with my family (minus erin, plus my friend) and the two sets of cousins. We ate many raspberries, threw many raspberries and collected about 2kg worth.    

No comments:

Post a Comment