Saturday 27 October 2012

Day 8: October 27

Finally, it is Saturday. This, as far as I can tell, is the best day of the week, because there's no school tomorrow. Every other day, there would be school the next day.
At the moment, everyone is out, except for me and Daisy (my dog). She's really annoying right now; she keeps wanting to come in and out of my room and then she sits at the foot of my bed, just staring at it.

Anyway, my list for today....
Eight of my favorite movies
1. Love Actually. This is the best movie of ALL TIME. For those people who haven't seen it - a) GO SEE IT, b) It's like Valentine's Day, but way better c) It's got Hugh Grant <3 in it
2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II. This was an EPIC movie and it totally paid homage to the book. I saw it at a midnight premiere with my younger sister and two friends. I went as Hermione. (total Harry Potter nut over here)
3. Mean Girls. An oldie, but a goodie. This has got to be the most quotable movie in the history of movies. Hilarious and a must-see!
4. TITANIC. I only saw this for the first time about two weeks ago and I have to say it was one of the most amazing movies I have seen EVER. I saw it at the Astor Theatre, which is an old cinema house which shows movies that have been off-screen for a while, playing them actually off the reel, not in digital copy. 
5. I am Eleven. Alright, so this is more of a documentary than a movie, but I love it so much I thought it had to be here. I am Eleven is a documentary taken while Gen was travelling overseas. In here words "I wanted to travel with a purpose". Gen interviewed about 16 (I think) eleven year olds asking about their view on anything and everything. This was a project done over six years and I think it's definitely six years well spent. I recommend this movie to everyone; old and young.
6. 27 Dresses. As well as having one of my favourite actresses in it, it is a brilliant rom-com. Watch this with your friends - good friends, old friends, new friends, girlfriends, boyfriends.
7. The Lion King - This has always been one of my favourite Disney movies. I'm not sure why - maybe it's because of the lovable and hilarious Timon and Pumba or maybe it's my true African roots coming through. I don't know why - this movie has always stuck a chord with me. 
8. The Hunger Games. Having read the books first, I think this movie was one of the best book-movie adaptions I have seen in ages. Characters cast perfectly, graphics and visual effects perfecto and all-in-all, the movie was fantabulous.

I had a dream. (No, this isn't a remake of the famous speech said by Martin Luther King). I actually had a really awesome dream. There was a car chase and these four people were running (driving) away from the bad people, but the 'bad' people were actually the two assistants. Plot twist. I woke up when the 'good' people found out who it was who duped them.

(I also like Inception, Twilight (series), ALL the other Harry Potter movies, Catfish, 2012, Looper)

No comments:

Post a Comment