Saturday 19 January 2013

Day 88: January 15

AIRPLANES + FLYING + FOOD + MAPS + ALSO AIRPORTS + PILOTS
I love aeroplanes. Not exactly the exact aeroplane, I just love being in them. I love sitting in them and looking down - everything is spread out underneath you like a map. It's like at one stage - when you're on the ground, - you're part of the big bad world, but once you're up in the air, it's like you leave it all behind. When you're in the plane, it feels as if you're floating, looking at the world below you.
Also, clouds. Clouds are amazing, especially if you're sitting on, above, below (in an aeroplane) or in them. I love it when you're cruising along and then suddnely, you view is blocked by thick fog. I also like siting there and you're just surrounded by them. They're so beautiful. It make me feel as if I'm sitting on white-fluffiness.
I also have this thing for aeroplane food. I love it. Not for taste, although it is good, I kind of like it's compact-ness and it's all just so cute.
I love love love airports. I love them just because there is ALWAYS something going on there - whether it's 1am or 1pm. Airports can also be very happy places. Obviously, there's the [sad] departures too, but if you come back in a couple of months, those [sad] departures are happy arrivals. Also, my love of airports tie in with my favourite quote. The quote - from Love Actually is said by High Grant, or the prime minister, during the starting sequence of the film. He states that love actually is all around. You can find it in old friends, good friends, mothers & daughters, fathers & sons. The beginning of the quote goes like this, "Whenever I get gloomy about the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport". It's so true. Arrival gates, whether at Heathrow or Melbourne, or anywhere in the world, are really happy places. Whether you haven't seen the person for 1 week or 3 months, it's always exciting to see them.
Aeroplanes are really weird. They're like giant mechanical winged birds, expect that aeroplane wings don't flap.
Besides that fact that I'm not allowed*, I really wouldn't like to be a pilot. Like, in theory, it would be aweosme, but I think I might be a bit scared to have that kind of pressure on me. Actually, on second thoughts, if I learnt to deal with the pressure, I would love to be a pilot. *Although, I'm not allowed to be a pilot, because pilots have to have 20/20 vision and this is something I do not possess.
Last thing: We were out for lunch on our first day in Sydney and the place we went to was all set up for a wedding. After a few hours of us being there, people started to arrive. We all took bets on who we thought the groom was. I was right :) Her dress was amazing and their wedding car was a kombi!!

Eighty-eight train stations in Sydney:
1. Hornsby
2. Milsons Pt
3. Waitara
4. Pymble
5. Gordon
6. Nth Sydney
7. Waverton
8. Wollstnecft
9. St Leonards
10. Artamon
11. Chatswood
12. Roseville
13. Lindfield
14. Killara
15. Turramurra
16. Warrawee
17. Wahroona
18. Yennora
19. Fairfield
20. Canley Vale
21. Liverpool
22. Casula
23. Holsworthy
24. East Hills
25. Panania
26. Revesby
27. Padstow
28. Riverwood
29. Narwee
30. Beverly Hills
31. Kingsgrove
32. Bexley North
33. Bardwell Park
34. Turrella
35. Birrong
36. Punchbowl
37. Wiley Park
38. Lakemba
39. Belmore
40. Campsie
41. Canterbury
42. Hurlstone Park
43. Dulwich Hill
44. Marrickville
45. Carramar
46. Villawood
47. Leightonfield
48. Flemington
49. Homebush
50. Strathfield
51. Burwood
52. Croydon
53. Ashfield
54. Summer Hill
55. Lewisham
56. Petersham
57. Stanmore
58. Lithgow
59. Bell
60. Mount Victoria
61. Mount Cambie
62. Meadow Flat
63. Richmond
64. East Richmond
65. Mulgrave
66. Clarendon
67. Marayong
68. Emu Plains (Only in Australia)
69. Penrith
70. St Marys
71. Doonside
72. Rooty Hill
73. Mount Druitt
74. Warrington
75. Kingswood
76. Seven Hills
77. Wentworthville
78. Westmead
79. Parramatta
80. Schofields
81. Vineyard
82. Windsor
83. Quakers Hill
84. Carlingford
85. Camelia
86. Teiopea
87. Dundas
88. Rydalmere

No comments:

Post a Comment