Monday 21 January 2013

Day 94: January 21

P S Y C H (O L O G Y) + A LITTLE BIT ON PSYCHIATRY
So when you type 'Psychiatry and Psychology' into google, lots of hard-to-read shit comes up. Too many big words, for which I need a dictionary to explain, but then the dictionary uses big words etc. I know there's a difference and one you have a medical degree/can give out medication, but I always forget which is which. But, I remembered, so here is a definition for both of them, in relatively easy terms.
PSYCHIATRY: This is dedicated to the study, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mental disorders. A psychiatrist has a proper medical degree, which involves six years of general medicine and then further study to look at mental disorders and emotions.
PSYCHOLOGY: This branch of science studies human behaviour, emotions and (sometimes) mental disorders. A psychologist does not have a medical degree, although will have a verification document of some sort (maybe a diploma).
This one-sided chat is going to be about psychology, but I had to define that so a) I wouldn't get mixed up, and b) people reading this (HO HO), know (maybe) what I'm rambling on about.
Shrink           Head-Shrinker              Guru             Therapist           Couch Doctor      Inquisitor
These are all names for a psychologist. Now I've been to my fair share of shrinks over the years. (I used to have terrible temper tantrums, so my mom took me to a psychologist). My first one was when I was seven, just before I left to come here. I remember she was nice and I used to play with her sandbox thingy and she had a pink pad of paper she wrote her notes on. I remember leaving her. She gave me a scroll of her pink paper, with something on it, maybe a picture, I don't remember. In the past 8 years, I think I've been to maybe 2-3 shrinks. All female, funnily enough.

My opinion might've been different when I was younger, but now I know one thing. Psychology is just another way to mess people around. That's how I look at it. I mean, it's a person to talk to and get opinions from, but how much can they really help? I just feel like they're brainwashing you. Like they're inventing a different you in their mind, a you that doesn't have the disorder/disability/whatever it is. They want you to become that person and to become that person, you have to take away or change certain aspects of your life. It's like they're saying "Stop all that business. Don't think. Don't do that. Do this instead. Substitute this for this."

They're human beings, just like us. They have feelings and problems, just like us. They're just the same, except for their title. But, I do wish, in some aspects, that I was like one [a psychologist]. I wish I could read people the way I read a book. Of course, I wouldn't want to get into their heads and tell them what to do, but I'd just like to read a person and make an analyst in my own mind. I think each person is a psychologist to themselves. They have power over their thought, emotions and behaviours. They can tell themselves what to do and what not to do. They can psych themselves up for something as easily as they psych themselves out of something.

But you know what? If someone can so easily exert power over themselves and psych themselves out of something, imagine what other people have the power of doing, even groups of people. It's like at a football match and you're on one side and you're telling yourself to run to the other goal. But there are twenty other people on the team, telling you that you're not good enough, you can't do it, you'll never make it. This is what a psychologist is like, except some might say they're building you up, not down. But again, what I think they're doing is just telling you to change, in essence, they want you to be a different person, they're breaking down a person that once was to make a new person that is.

That is my opinion on psychology. It's definitely not set in stone and I think some of my belief (a very small amount) stems from Brennan and Booth's hate of it (Bones). I could change my mind at any moment on this matter and go from hating it to loving it. Quite unlikely, but it could happen. I believe that for some people, psychology is the only way. Some people believe that psychology is the only way. I apologise if some of this doesn't make sense - I just write what comes to my head. I would love to hear people's opinions of my opinion and what they think. 

Ninety-four animals with four legs:
1. Domestic Cat
2. Domestic Dog
3. Dingo
4. Wolf
5. Fox
6. Lion
7. Rat
8. Mouse
9. Guinea Pig
10. Hamster
11. Tiger
12. Hyena
13. Coyote
14. Platypus
15. Echidna
16. Rhino
17. Hippo
18. Giraffe
19. Zebra
20. Alligator
21. Crocodile
22. Frog
23. Toad
24. Chipmunks
25. Squirrels
26. Pig
27. Goat
28. Alpaca
29. Llama
30. Meerkat
31. Mouse
32. Aardvark
33. Horse
34. Ass
35. Donkey
36. Antelope
37. Ant
38. Iguana
39. Leopard
40. Brown Bear
41. Polar Bear
42. Elephant
43. Buk
44. Baboon
45. Chimpanzee
46. Jackal
47. Sheep
48. Ram
49. Wildebeest
50. [Rein]Deer
51. Ram
52. Tapiar
53. Okapi
54. Cheetah
55. Rabbit
56. Possum
58. Opossum
59. Aye-Aye
60. Koala
61. Panter
62. Mountain Lion
63. Gerbil
64. Moose
65. Jaguar
66. Porcupine
67. Mule
68. Turtle
69. Tortoise
70. Otter
71. Spider Monkey
72. Beaver
73. Spider Monkey
74. Monitor
75. Gecko
76. Raccoon
77. Bison
78. Water Buffalo
79. Red Panda
80. Panda
81. Gorilla
82. Lemur
83. Warthog
84. Camel
85. Yak
86. Newt
87. Skunk
88. Pony
89. Kudu
90. Ocelot
91. Mink
92. Tasmanian Devil
93. Unicorn
94. Gnu

I love you all
(Just a note: currently my favourite person is Jennifer Lawrence because she is just flawless. If someone can please please please get me the SNL (Saturday Night Live) episode in which she was in so I can watch in AUSTRALIA, I would be FORVER GRATEFUL. I have found heaps, but sorry, the video you clicked on cannot be viewed in this place. Please click on another link. As in, it can only be viewed in America). 

No comments:

Post a Comment