Tuesday 6 November 2012

Day 18: November 6

I don't understand Melbourne. I mean, where else would you get a day off for horse racing? Besides the fact that it's stupid and unfair to the horses, it's just horse-racing. People everywhere, everyday, get public holidays for Independence Day or Labour Day. But here, in Melbourne, we get a day off so people can dress up pretty, go to the races and wear fascinators (my mom and I love laughing at the pictures of fascinators in the magazines. Some of them are just downright ridiculous. They certainly are fascinating).
So, back to the public holiday. Mind you, I'm not complaining, per se (because we do get a day of school), but its a totally weird concept to grasp (and I've been here for 7 of them).

Eighteen round/oval foods:1. Donut (pink glazed are the best)
2. Bagel (plain, sesame and then the black seeds - I always forget the name)
3. Cake
4. Biscuits
5. Baby Belle Cheese
6. Eggs (boiled)
7. Watermelons
8. Peaches
9. Plums
10. Pancakes
11. Pikelets
12. Pizza
13. Blueberries
14. Kiwis
15. Grapes
16. Rice cakes
17. Cupcakes
18. Oranges

(p.s. I DIDN'T use the internet) #proud
 

No comments:

Post a Comment