Friday 9 November 2012

Day 21: November 9

Popping candy is the stuff of gods. It feels so weird (and totally awesome) on your tongue. Just sayin'.
Look what amazing thing I found (Creds to Tumblr):
Sonder (n)
The realisation that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own - populated with their own ambitions, friends, routines, worries and inherited craziness - an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you'll never know existed, in which you might appear only once, as an extra sipping coffee in the background, as a bur of traffic passing on the highway, as a lighted window at dusk.

It's such a weird relisation that each and every person around you is living a life similar, yet so different, to yours. They want some of the things you want, but they also have completely different dreams and goals. That person you just passed, walking around like a lost sheep? Well, they're also looking forward to meeting someone. It's just that their dream may be a little while off. Maybe yours will come true in 10 days, or 5 months or maybe you'll have to wait a couple of years. Who knows?

Twenty-one quotes that`I have on my door:  (I went through a stage of being obsessed with quotes, so I wrote down my favourite ones on black pieces of paper in gold and silver pen and put them on my door).
1. Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get - Forrest Gump (Forrest Gump)
2. We were like peas and carrots, Jenny and I- Forrest Gump (Forrest Gump)
3. I said what I meant, and I meant what I said, and an elephant's faithful 100% - Horton (Horton Hears A Who)
4. Fear of a name only increases the fear of the thing itself - Hermione Granger (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets)
5. The trouble with being the Prime Minister's sister is, it does put your life into rather harsh perspective. What did my brother do today? He stood up and fought for his country. And what did I do? I made a papier-mache lobster head. - Karen (Love Actually)
6. A person's a person, no matter how small - Horton (Horton Hears a Who).
7. Wait, if you're from Africa, why are you white? Karen, you can't just ask people why they're white - Karen and Gretchen (Mean Girls)
8. My name's Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump - Forrest Gump (forrest Gump)
9. Enough. Enough now. - Mark (Love Actually)
10. You've seen the films kiddo. It ain't over til it's over - Daniel (Love Actually)
11. I'll be back. - Terminator (The Terminator)
12. There are all kinds of courage. It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends - Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone)
13. My mama always said you've got to put the past behind you before you can move on - Forrest Gump (Forrest Gump)
14. Check it's collar or something - Alan (The Hangover)
15. There is no good and evil. There is only power and those too weak to seek it - Quirinus Quirrell (Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone)
16. It does not to dwell on dreams and forget to live - Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone)
17. Luke, I am your father - Darth Vader (Star Wars) - Apparently, this quote is very often misquoted. It is not actually, Luke, I am your father, it is actually No, I am your father, but I like the Luke one more, so why not?
18. No, I think I'll go down and have some pudding and wait for it all to turn up... it always does in the end - Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)
19. Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest of them all? - Evil Stepmother (Snow White and the Seven Dwarves)
20. May the force be with you - Obi Wan Kenobi (Star Wars)
21. (My favourite quote of all time) - Whenever i get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that.It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...  love actually is all around. - Prime Minister (Love Actually).

Woah, that was a lot of writing. (I am writing/typing this while sitting on my floor. No apparent reasons why).
GUYS, I REACHED THREE WEEKS!  

No comments:

Post a Comment