Saturday 24 November 2012

Day 36: November 24

So I wish I was British. Why? Because of their awesome accents of course. I absolutely love accents - British, Irish, Scottish, South African, Jamaican, Texan (LOL), Welsh, French, Spanish - you get the picture. I really really don't like Australian accents. Which is ironic, considering where I live. I don't mind the generic accent, the the BOGAN Australians with the really strong accents.... UGH. American accents sometimes annoy me, but then again, many movies have American actors/actresses (with American accents, of course), and it kinda just seems normal to hear an American accent now and then. But, when you have an American with a whole crowd of Aussies/another nationality, it sounds really out of place.

Thirty-six different currency names (and if I know where they're used):1. Rand (South Africa)
2. Franc (Europe - have no clue which countries use it)
3. Dollar (America and Australia - that I know of, I'm sure there's many more)
4. Ruble (Russian)
5. Rupee (Indian)
6. Yen (Japan)
7. Pound (Great Britain)
8. Dram (Armenia) *
9. Taka (Bangladesh) *
10. Pula (Botswana) *
11. Lev (Bugaria) *
12. Kyat (Burma) *
13. Peso (Chile) *
14. Kuna (Croatia) *
15. Krone (Denmark) *
16. Birr (Ethiopia) *
17. Dalasi (Gambia) *
18. Lari (Georgia) *
19. Cedi (Ghana) *
20. Lempira (Honduras) *
21. Colon (Costa Rica) *
22. Gourde (Haiti) *
23. Krona (Iceland) *
24. Rial (Iran) *
25.Dinar (Iraq) *
26. Tenge (Kazakhstan) *
27. Won  (North and South Korea) *
28. Kip (Laos) *
29. Shekel (Israel)
30. Lat (Latvia) *
31. Loti (Lesotho - pronounced Lesootoo) *
32. Litas (Lithuania)
33. Pataca (Macau)
34. Denar (Macedonia)
35. Ariary (Madagascar)
36. Rufiyaa (Maldives)

See ya later, alligator
p.s. I'm off to watch the new glee episode. so GLEEful

No comments:

Post a Comment