Monday 12 November 2012

Day 24: November 12

So I'm a Harry Potter nut and I wanna yell it out loud! So, when I was younger, I thought Harry Potter was stupid. My mom recommened the book to be and I was like , "no, ew". I really wish I could take that back... Anway, fast track a few years down the track, I was like to myself, "well, everyone's making such a big fuss, let me see what it's about". And see what it was about, I did. I instantly fell in love with Harry, Hermione and Ron. Not to mention Luna, Sirius, James, Lily, Dumbledore, Ginny,  McGonagall and Hagrid. There were people I disliiked - Filch, Umbridge, Draco, Crabbe, Goyle. Then there was Snape. He was always sitting on the fence for me. There were moments I hated, no detested him, but there were moments where I thought his courage could beat no other. Then came "always". We had pre-ordered the kast book and we went to collect it. We had a countdown. I mean, come on, it was the last Harry Potter book. My sister read it in 9 hours straight. I read it after her. Wow. Fast forward to 2011 - July 15th (I think). It was the midnight premiere of the last Harry Potter movie, ever. I dressed up as Hermione. I sat through the whole thing - laughing and smiling, but I didn't cry. There were heaps of tears from other people, but as I sat there, I decided that I wouldn't cry. I didn't want to watch the movie through blurry eyes. All too soon, the movie was over. But Harry Potter will never end.

With that in mind,
Twenty-four Harry Potter spells (without using the internet and trying to name what the spells do):
1. Alohomora (opens locked doors)
2. Wingardium Leviosa (It's LeviOsa, not LevisAR! - It's a levitation spell)   
3. Sectumsempra (I don't know what it exactly does, but I know it's bad and Harry uses it on Draco in the Half Blood Prince)
4. Repairo (Repairs stuff, namely, Harry's glasses)
5. Petrificus Tortalus (bad with the spelling, but this is a body-binding spell)
6. Avada Kedavra (The killing curse! - unforgivable curse)
7. Confundus (Makes the person become highly confused)
8. Agumenti (makes water appear)
9. Accio (makes an object come towards you, eg. Accio maths book, and it'll come to me)
10. Silencio (renders the victim temporarily mute)
11. Riddukulus (used to counteract a Boggart)
12. Lumos (makes a light at the tip of your wand)
12. Nox (takes away the light)
13. Crucio (tortures the victim 0 unforgivable curse)
14. Reducto (Blasts solid objects to the side)
15. Ingorgio (Makes items bigger)   
16. Levicorpas (Lifts you in the air by your ankle. Non-verbal)
17. Diffindo (makes items smaller)
18. Muffliato (Creates a buzzing sound in the victims ears)
19. Impreio (controls the victim and is the third unforgivable curse)
20. Morsmorde (conjurs the Dark Mark)
21. Obliviate (memory loss charm)
22. Protego (shield charm)
23. Tarantallegra (forces your opponent to dance)
24. Expectro Patronum (Produces a patronus)

Yay, I did it (with a little help from my sister)

   

No comments:

Post a Comment